Do I have to run criminal background checks through the Wisconsin Department of Justice?
PARS users who are Wisconsin residents are required to submit Wisconsin Department of Justice criminal background check results.
you are also required to keep a copy of the criminal background checks on file.
Order a criminal background check through the Wisconsin Department of Justice (DOJ) at
. To submit a one-time background check
- Go to the provided link.
- Select the 'PUBLIC ACCESS' tab and click the blue 'SUBMIT REQUEST' button.
- Follow instructions provided.
- Be sure to keep record of the order reference number so you can access the background check results. We are unable to retrieve the results from the Department of Justice directly.
- When background check results are available, you will need to retrieve the results online from the 'PUBLIC ACCESS' tab.
- Results are uploaded within your online application. Preferably as a PDF, XDOC, or DOC file.
Be sure to keep record of the order reference number in order to access the results. Order reference numbers are 6-7 characters long with both numbers and letters. Letters are case sensitive.
Results are generally available the same business day.